Thursday, March 9, 2017

Thank You, Dr. McStuffins

Last night, after reading The Jungle Book six times in a row, it was "nuggle time." This particular nuggle my son turned to me and said, "I feel your heart Momma?" At this point he began to pat and squeeze my chest as a sleepy smile crossed his face.
"Yes, my love."
His eyes began to flutter, but the smile remained pasted to his sweet chunky cheeks.
"It's comfy Momma," he said.

And in that moment I thanked everything I could thank that I was a momma, his Momma. My breath left my chest and I wouldn't inhale. I wanted to be sure he could feel my heart beat strong and solid, in half time to his own beautiful fluttering organ that we associate so deeply with love. I wanted him to feel my love, my life force that flows through me so I can in turn share it with him.

Thank you Dr. McStuffins, for being there when I can't. Thank you for teaching my son where a "strong heart" is. Thank you for your oh so fluffy ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment